Welcome to the Woodman Inn
The Woodman Inn is a traditional style pub and restaurant with a modern twist. Located in the heart of Bishopthorpe just outside of York, the pub offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests to sit and chat over a drink and meal.
Laura and Shane have created a lovely pub with weekly changing guest ales and a friendly atmosphere. Shane is the chef, his focus is using fresh local produce to create classic British food with a modern twist. The Woodman Inn also has a purpose-built adventure area at the rear of the pub and a lovely outside space which makes The Woodman Inn a great pub to visit on any occasion.
“Classic Food with a Modern Twist.”
Book Your Table
Call us on 01904 706507 to book your table, if you have any questions or requirements we’d love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming you at The Woodman.
We request that all table bookings of 6 or more please pay a non-refundable deposit of £5pp at the time of booking. This amount will be credited on the day.
- 5 star review Great meal! We had a family birthday meal here earlier this week with the main guest having dietary requirements. After speaking with the manager a couple of times she couldn’t have done anymore to be accommodating on our visit. Food was amazing, we opted for the sharing platter between two as our start but it easily fed over 6 of us. Mains were also beautiful with a lovely venue. Date of visit: August 2020
- 5 star review Fantastic gem of a Pub. We visited The Woodman twice in the last week whilst on holiday. Everything about the place was amazing from the food to the welcoming staff. We came with our two dogs who were also given a warm welcome with a bowl of water brought over for them along with a biscuit. The pub also felt very covid safe. I wish this was my local pub due to the standard of care and the food which we could not fault. The steak and ale pie was to die for along with the homemade cheesecake. We will definitely be back when we are back in the area. Date of visit: August 2020
- My partner and I had an absolutely fantastic roast dinner here today. We hadn't booked but they gave us a table straight away even though very busy. The roast Turkey was absolutely beautiful and my partner's nut roast just as good she said. The food was cooked to perfection and was excellent value. Huge portions and quality ingredients. The chef knew what he was doing. The atmosphere was bubbly and friendly with a young team who were efficient and welcoming. We will definitely return and tell friends to try it. Top-notch!
- What a lovely place, the diamond of Yorkshire, had such a beautiful meal here today with my husband and 18-year-old daughter, we all cleaned our plates because the food was outstanding, the bar staff were very attentive and the lady owner was a pleasure to speak with. Would highly recommend, will definitely call again, wish I could give 10-star rating (silly feedback will only go up to 5 stars ⭐️)
- Amazing food. Outstanding service. Highly recommended. Give York a swerve and go here instead. Calm and relaxed.
- 5 star review Lovely pub, dog-friendly and tasty food. Such a lovely pub. The staff were very attentive and friendly. I am a coeliac and one of the owners came across to me and explained what was gluten-free on the menu. I opted for the sausages and mash which was divine. My partner (non-coeliac) opted for the steak pie and chips and he said his meal was lovely. We brought our lurcher with us and the staff made a fuss of her and gave her some treats! We will definitely be back again soon! Date of visit: August 2020